Ascot Vale slate roof repair, restoration contractors
If you have a slate roofing problem and need professional assistance contact us : 0403022137
Being specialist slate roofers we provide slate roofing repairs, renewals, alterations and new home installations
Our company has been assisting homeowners, builders and architects with their roof slating projects in the Ascot Vale area for over 25 years.
Most of the original slate roofed homes in Ascot Vale are Victorian, Edwardian and a few Queen Anne era style homes.
These homes are now coming up to, or exceeding 100 years of age. Many of the original slates on these homes are of Welsh origin and are still very serviceable. Some of the Edwardian and Queen Anne era homes were installed with a slate from Europe simply referred to these days as continentals. These continental roof slates are now soft and delaminating, very water absorbent and causing many problems with leaking.
The Welsh slates on the other hand, are mostly still of a hard durable quality and still have many years of good service life in them. On a few homes there is sometimes found a slate that is known as Delaboles from Cornwall in England. These Delabole slates have served their homes well, but now approaching 125 to 140 years old they are also going soft and flaking away to cause homeowners many problems with internal water damage or rotting structural timbers.
Common problems with slate roof homes in Ascot Vale
- Missing and broken slate tiles... particularly in areas where foot traffic is common from other home services.
- Slipping or not sitting correctly slates .… a common problem where the slate nails are rusting out and allowing slates to slide
- Constant wet patches and stains on internal ceilings and walls from soft and water absorbent slate roofs
- Rusted box gutters and valley irons slowly leaking and causing rotting timbers and leaks in the home
- Loose or missing ridge capping due to wind storms
Our Ascot Vale roof slating services
- Slate re-roofing – When the slate on your home needs replacing
- All repair work – Slipping, broken, cracked and delaminating slates repaired or replaced
- New slate work – Building a new home and need slate roofing
- Restoration of original slate roofs – When the slate is good but needs to be restored
- Slate roof flashings – Rusted and leaking box and parapet wall gutters and valleys repaired or renewed
- Roof maintenance – Leaf and debris cleaning from down pipes spouts and box gutters
Contact us on : 0403022137
Building a new home in Ascot Vale and need slate roofing ?
A trend in the last few years around Melbourne has been for homeowners and builders to construct a style of home known as French Renaissance.
The last 12 months we are starting to supply and install roof slates to this very style of home in the Ascot Vale area. Common features of this style home for the slate roofing are very steeply pitched facades, sometimes with a curving or sweeping effect towards the lower edges. The hips or external corners are always close cut or mitred to avoid the use of any ridge capping.
If you’re building a new home and would like a quote for the supply and installation of a quality guaranteed roofing slate, contact us on 0403022137
Here’s a recent slate tile installation we completed on a new home in the Ascot Vale area
The roof slate chosen for this installation was the Spanish Del Carmen Ultra Premium slate. It was chosen for its dark charcoal color and even type grain. It’s also a very durable type of slate and comes with a 100 year quarry guarantee against rusting and delamination. Rusting and delamination after a few years is a common problem with some of the other types of cheaper roofing slate available around Melbourne.
So if you require an honest reliable company for your roof slating project you can contact us on : 0403022137
Abardeen Roof Slating & Tiling 66 Eglinton St Moonee Ponds VIC 3039